Thursday, December 3, 2015

20 Steps Challenge



One of my most recent projects was when I filmed the "20 Steps Challenge, " which I filmed by attempting to stop every 20 steps in any direction and shoot a short clip of what I'm doing. The point of this project was to give an insight on what it's like to be me on a regular day. I started at my house, where I filmed myself feeding my dog, then doing my homework, eating dinner, then eventually going to my uncle's house where my cousin just recently celebrated his birthday. I actually didn't end up filming my cousin who had the birthday because when I got there, I wasn't walking around too much because we were mostly just having snacks and desserts and talking with each other. I did, however, film while him and a few of his friends went out to celebrate some more because my younger cousin came over with his dog and we just hung out. I stayed there for about another two hours where I filmed us leaving and arriving back home. Once I was at home, I also filmed myself watching T.V. with my Dad, and then finally going to bed. I thought that this project went very well, however, I felt that I could've done better by shortening some of the shots and there was a small part where I left a shot out of focus for about 3 seconds, but I sped it up a bit and cut it in half. I thought that I did really well in some parts of this video, like when I used different pans to make cool transitions. My favorite transition by far, was when I filmed myself doing homework, and when I looked at my backpack, I panned upwards to my parents and I eating dinner by using the table as a transition point. Forgetting about the out of focus shot and the length of each shot, I think that this video turned out fairly well.  

No comments:

Post a Comment